Friday, August 22, 2008

College

Hello!! Guess I should up date everyone on the latest events in life :) Monica helped me move into my dorm room at Reading Hospital's School of Health Sciences this past Sunday. The dorms are actually Motel rooms. Its not a big school and most of the students commute. However to accommodate those of us wishing to dorm, the school rented out a wing of a local Inn. So the good thing is that all the rooms have a bathroom!!!
My roommate I Dayna and she actually lives 10 min. from campus. So I was able to hang out with some of her friends this past week which was very nice considering there was not much to do back at the dorms. Dayna is a christian which was a huge answer to prayer and she recently got back from a medical mission trip to Africia. We have plenty in common though she is a few years younger than I. Actually most everyone there (at the dorms) is about 4-5 yrs younger....though there are about 3 that I've meet my age.
So we had a week of orientation and our classes will start on Monday. I'm taking A & P, Nursing 101, and Clinical Math. That'll be enough to keep me busy for sure :)
I'll keep you posted on how things go!

2 comments:

Michawn said...

wow, that's awesome. you are in our prayers as you embark on this adventure. fun. i know you'll be busy, but keep us posted as to how things are going.

Unknown said...

hey jennifer, glad your liking school, so does your motel have a pool or hot tub? i hear studing in a hot tub is very conducive to information retention.... (i'm sure there is substantial research to confirm this fact). like Aunt Jeanie would always tell me " i'm praying for your brain."